Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

"The mountains are calling and I must go"

I'm riding with my sister back to our parents' house in Stoneville. Today we toured Mars Hill in Asheville, NC. What a beautiful place. Afterwards, I took Nan's senior pictures and shot some stuff for school with my twin lens. We went up the Blue Ridge Parkway some, stopping for good pictures and admiring the beauty around us. Now, Nat king Cole is soft through our speakers, the day becoming darker. I feel incredibly blessed. Weekends with my parents, with my little sis are so rejuvenating after long weeks at school. What with papers to write, tests to study for, assignments to shoot, homework like nobody's business and long hours in the lab or (blech) in math. I feel revived and energized. Something about my family I will always appreciate is their love for the outdoors. And it's the outdoors that gets into your soul. That and their daily encouragement to keep a submissive spirit to Christ. That always helps. We have fun together. And today was one of those days where we went out without a plan (the best way really). No matter we were running out of gas coming down the mountain, or that I took ten years to take one photo on my film camera or that we showed up an hour late to our appointment. It's all part of the adventure. But thankfully, people are understanding. Cause being late really ain't all that good. Now, one more thing to mention, probably the most important thing. The leaves are beautiful. They just really are. The smell of them when they are burning, the colors when they are changing, the multitude of them over blanketed mountains. They are wonderful and show off our wonderful Creator. Through them, I saw autumn vividly for the first time this year. 
And it was wonderful.

Photo cred to Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment